Having an online presence across different social media channels is crucial for the visibility, outreach, and overall success of any brand. But a presence alone may not always be enough. You also need organic engagement in order to make meaningful connections with your audience and hopefully turn them into reliable customers. However, this is often easier said than done, especially with constant algorithm changes that might affect how your content is shown to users. If you’re struggling to see engagement with your content, here are some proven strategies that will help you increase it:

Try to grow your following

Above all, social media engagement represents a game of numbers. The more followers an account has, the more interactions their posts will get. This means that gaining more followers should be among your main goals. However, you don’t want just any followers when attempting to boost your social media engagement. Instead, the best option would be to gain valuable followers who are truly interested in your brand and willing to engage with it online in a meaningful way. This can help to increase engagement while also converting followers into actual customers more easily.

Consider proactive engagement

Proactive social media engagement requires you to start conversations. The good news is that a majority of users want to be reached proactively online, which presents a wonderful opportunity for your brand to engage with your social media audience each day. Try this tactic by creating surveys and polls, developing branded filters, hosting Q&A sessions, creating posts with open-ended questions, responding to any indirect mentions, collaborating on videos, developing social media stories, moderating branded groups through active forums, and more.

Consult industry professionals

In countries such as Australia, it’s quite common for brands to seek professional help when attempting to increase their engagement. For instance, they will hire an expert social media agency from Sydney to develop the right strategy for achieving engagement and other goals. With strategy development, social media management, and online ad management, these experts can aid brands in building strong and loyal online communities that want to engage. An experienced agency could support you in a similar way as well, so consider working with industry professionals when boosting your social media engagement.

Share compelling content

Across the US, on the other hand, traditional tactics are still the most popular, and for good reason. Relevant, unique, and interesting social media content is one of the best ways you can attract new followers and keep existing ones engaged as well. To create high-quality content that your audiences enjoy, consider the 80/20 rule in which 80% of your posts are educational, helpful, or entertaining, with the remaining 20% being promotional. Aim to incorporate visual assets such as photos, infographics, and videos regularly to make your social media content even more compelling.

Use hashtags more wisely

Hashtags represent another conventional tactic that is still effective today. They make it simpler for your target audience to locate your social media accounts and posts online. Certain platforms such as Instagram and LinkedIn give users the opportunity to follow hashtags as well. That means your brand could easily join any ongoing conversations online and expand its visibility to audiences beyond your existing followers. Think about using a combination of branded hashtags and trending hashtags to expand your outreach, attract more followers, and increase your social media engagement.

Be as authentic as possible

After all, being authentic is what appeals to audiences the most, making this another great strategy for increasing social media engagement. If you haven’t already, try to find a unique brand voice and style, and maintain it when communicating online with your audience. Honestly and transparency are also valued among consumers. Aim to build trust with your followers and keep them engaged with this tactic, whether that means sharing your core values or acknowledging your mistakes. Many online users enjoy funny content as well, so think about appropriate humor as a method of driving likes, comments, and shares.

Engagement is key to success on social media. Consider the tactics mentioned above and develop a strategy that suits your brand in order to boost your online engagement, drive growth, and increase revenue as a result.