With WooCommerce, the world is your oyster. You just have to put the hours in, and nothing can stop you from increasing sales, and grow your business. However, there are plenty of options available such as SaaS (software as a service) platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce, WordPress eCommerce plugins when creating an online store. Keeping the existing market scenario into account, it’s time to find what WordPress eCommerce plugins stand out.
I personally believe that WooCommerce serves as the best free WordPress eCommerce plugin, but not all of them are good. Which brings me back to a question how do you find out the best WooCommerce plugins for your eCommerce business? But before that, you need to be sure regarding what features you should look for in a WooCommerce plugin? Well, a quick Google search will bring hundreds of results (which might be overwhelming, especially for beginners and new website owners). Let me tell you something there is no such thing called a perfect plugin as the definition of perfection might be subjective for some of you the essential features that you would want while others might not. For instance, if you own a website that sells digital goods such as music, podcasts, ebooks then you might need an eCommerce plugin featuring selling digital products.
Conversely, if you’re selling physical goods, then you must think upon choosing an eCommerce plugin that includes features such as shipping and inventory management. So choosing a relevant plugin is entirely subjective action as there is no cookie-cutter solution available. Basically, you need to know what the focus of your online business will be in order to know what features and plugins you’ll need to install.
Facts about Woocommerce
- WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin which needs to be installed and activated just like any other plugins to function well.
- It is free and open-source
- One of the most popular and feature-rich e-commerce plugin for WordPress out there.
- Anyone can set it up and configure it by yourself.
- Can work with any design/theme so that you don’t need to ditch your current website
What can you sell with WordPress + WooCommerce?
- Digital products (e.g., software, downloads, ebooks),
- Physical products, services,
- Bookings (e.g., for appointments, or anything else that can be booked), subscriptions,
- Other people’s products – as an affiliate,
- Customisation (e.g., additional customisation on top of your product listings), and more.
Best WooCommerce Plugins for WordPress
- TrustPulse – The best FOMO and social proof notifications app that aids one when it’s about skyrocketing conversions and sales. Humans have this tendency of loving when other people start making the same choices before making their own mind. Adding social proof means you allow them to see right there and complete a purchase. The plugin also makes things insanely easy. Which means installing it on any website (no coding required) and customise badges to match your store colours becomes easy.
- OptinMonster – Being one of the most powerful conversion optimisation software in the market, OptinMonster assists well in converting abandoning website visitors into subscribers and customers. Moreover, you can use it on your eCommerce website to reduce cart abandonment, increase sales conversion, grow your email list, show targeted website messages, onsite re-targeting, and more.
- MonsterInsights – If you are looking for one of the best Google Analytics plugin for WooCommerce stores, make sure that you look for this. Featured with enhanced eCommerce tracking, you can easily track eCommerce data in Google Analytics reports. In addition to this, MonsterInsights makes it easier by showing you all the information you need inside your WordPress dashboard. This helps you make data-driven decisions to grow your business and increase sales.
- Constant Contact – If you are looking for one of the most beginner-friendly, which allows you to easily add it to your store and start building your email list, constant contact plugin is worth taking into account. Available with dozens of professionally designed email templates for various niches, one can also create multiple lists and create custom funnels to send personalised emails to selected audiences.
- LiveChat – Another interesting plugin to seek around for is LiveChat, it comprises of the best live support software which allows you to easily add live chat to your WooCommerce store and answer user queries instantly. In addition to this, the plugin enables you to convert users into customers before they abandon their carts. It may also interest you to know that LiveChat works up to a great extent with Google analytics, and all top email marketing, CRM software, and more.
- WooCommerce Multilingual– Did you know that WooCommerce stores are created in languages other than English? Probably not! WooCommerce Multilingual adds compatibility layer with the popular WPML WordPress multilingual plugin. This allows you to translate your product and other WooCommerce pages in multiple languages. Your customers can choose to browse your website in their preferred language.
- RafflePress – One of the best contest and giveaway plugin for WooCommerce stores, Rafflepress allows you to grow your email list, get more website traffic, and social media followers with viral contests and giveaways. More and more users are seen participating in the giveaway by performing social actions like tweeting, watching a video, following a social media profile, and more. It has actions for all popular social media platforms, CRMS, and more. To get the best results, it incorporates social actions and fraud prevention.
Dave Jarvis is working as a Business Development Executive at eTatvaSoft. His aim is to sharpen his analytical skills, deepening his data understanding and broaden his business knowledge in these years of his career. You can click here to find more information about the company. Follow him on Twitter.